Monday, 8 September 2008

Wow...is that a book


Well, summer is over and it is time to get back to writing. As my regular readers know I tend to wander off of the "Inter Tubes" topic every now and again and this is one of those times.

As a staunch Independent that leans to the conservative side I've often been told that I'm the 'voter' that decides the elections. So at this point as I've firmly decided that I don't know who I'm going to vote for you can assume that the Presidency is completely up in the air and could go either Dem or Repub.

Weird I know. You would think that with the declining economy, how badly the Republicans have fucked up at home as well as abroad and the desire for something new it would be an easy decision.

I think what it comes down to (for me) is that I don't trust any of them anymore. I consistently find myself watching all of the candidates and thinking "Liar" the entire time they are speaking, rambling, positioning. I wish that I was wrong, an un-trusting soul. Unfortunately....I think I am right.

But back to the reason that I started writing this. IS THAT A FREAKING BOOK THAT OBAMA IS HOLDING!!! Listen I know these guys read. But after eight years of feeling like we've been led by one of the dumbest SOBs on the planet a candidate holding a physical book (and holding his place no less!!) is refreshing. And I think that sums up how sad our politicians are in my mind.

OBama. A reader. He just gained a few points with me.

3 comments:

Richard said...

The question is what book? His "black book", a book on how to run the country or just the latest best seller? Of course, as you point out, any book, other than perhaps "The care and feeding of cattle", is a major improvement.

anne said...

Go here for the truth
http://www.factcheck.org/

Lee yeah that Lee said...

Boooo!